My library, Client-side GChart, doesn't render solidly connected,
large-sized, line charts quickly enough for at least one user
(probably because it draws them with  a series of rectangular HTML
elements).

Anyone have any suggestions for drawing reasonably good-looking
straight lines fast that works the same way on all GWT supported
browsers?

To be specific, on the last chart of my live demo (accessible from the
home page below, scroll to the bottom of the demo): if you click the
button that moves it into hi-res mode, on my machine it shows 4000ms
in the elapsed time message. I'd like that to be at least 10 times
faster.

John C. Gunther
http://gchart.googlecode.com