Hi, I want to capture the contents of a widget as a string, and then
subdivide this string and assign each subpart to a different variable.
The first substring I would like to convert into long, but the
following error appears:

[ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "<div class="gwt-
HTML dragdrop-draggable dragdrop-handle">1"
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:
48)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:403)
        at java.lang.Long.<init>(Long.java:671)
        at gwt.client.MouseListBox.programmerList(MouseListBox.java:70)
        at gwt.client.DualListBox.getListRight(DualListBox.java:107)
        at gwt.client.Management$3.onSuccess(Management.java:118)
        at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.RequestCallbackAdapter.onResponseReceived(RequestCallbackAdapter.java:
215)
        at
com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceivedImpl(Request.java:
254)
        at
com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceivedAndCatch(Request.java:
226)
        at
com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:
217)
        at
39)
        at
25)

I tried both with the costructor that valueOf (..):
programmer.setId( new Long( dati.substring ( 0, indexParentesi ) ));
programmer.setId( Long.valueOf( dati.substring ( 0,
indexParentesi ) ).longValue() );

but I have the same exception.

how can I parse without that error? thanks