AFAIK module.gwt.xml are only "exposing" client client code
(xyz.client.**.java) during the GWT compilation process and dispatch
the servlet services in the embeded tomcat hosted mode.

  So module.gwt.xml doesn't provide any service nor to the deployed
(not embeded in GWT Shell) webapp neither to an inherited module.

--
Si l'ignorance peut servir de consolation, elle n'en est pas moins illusoire.