Stephen

I _think_ Lothar's point is that MyException needs to extend
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializableException not just
implement IsSerializable for exceptions across RPC to work properly. I
had this problem a few weeks back where exceptions thrown across RPC
were merely IsSerializable and couldn't be caught with the correct
type in onFailure().

Anyway, looks like you fixed your problem regardless, so I will cease
and desist.

Regards,
Ravi