I experienced the same problem.  I had Eclipse 3.4.1 and GWT 1.5.2
working perfectly.  I don't know what caused the issue, but now when I
Import the StockWatcher application (per the GWT's tutorial), there is
a second StockWatcher folder underneath the StockWatcher package in
the Eclipse Package Explorer.  Ideally, the structure should look
like:

StockWatcher
     + src
          + com.google.gwt.samples...
        test

On the PC I experienced the problem, the folder structure is:

StockWatcher
     src (empty)
     test
     StockWatcher
          +src
              + com.google.gwt.samples...
            test

The second level StockWatcher folder is not present on a PC that
doesn't have the problem.  To veirfy, I opened the src folder and
dragged the com.google.gwt.... sub folder to the top-level src folder
and then did the same with tomcat folder and the other scripts.  I
received one error while copying Tomcat, but I allowed refactoring to
continue and all works as it should now.

As to what broke, I did install PyDev to author Python as I play with
AppEngine.  I don't know for certain yet that this is what broke it,
but it's the only major change I've made to my Eclipse environment.

More interesting is that I re-extracted Eclipse into a new directory
and the problem followed the installation...so maybe the problem is
related to files within my Workspace.  I made sure that the
StockWatcher folders in the workspace and gwt folders were removed
during my testing.  I have a bit more analysis to do before I can say
for sure what caused the problem.

Hope this helps!  Now to learn about GWT, RPCs, and JSON :)

David