I am having trouble creating GWT user defined data types that are
serializable.  I get a compiler error saying something like "Type X was not
serializable and has no concrete serializable subtypes.

For example I have:

public interface IDisplayable<U> extends IsSerializable{
U getURL();
}

public class GWTDisplayable implements IDisplayable<URL>, IsSerializable{
URL getURL();
}

Note GWTDisplayable does have a no-arg constructor.

Why do I get this error?  I have a subtype and they both implement
IsSerializable (although the docs say only one need this).

-Dave