I have a few serialization-related questions:

1) In 1.5 there is now support for managing the serialization using
the SerializationStreamFactory on the client. However on the server, I
don't see how I can retrieve the SerializationPolicy for my module
without using a GWT RPC call. Must I use the default serialization
policy to take advantage of this feature?

2) RpcServletUtils.writeResponse double-buffers the output when it
gzip's the response payload. Why is this done instead of writing
directly to the response output stream? Is sending the content length
critical for some reason?

3) Are there plans to open up the RPC APIs more than they are today in
general.

Thanks!