sim123 schrieb:

> When I try
> to validate the session against first service (getUserPrefrences) by
> this
>
> String sessionId = this.getThreadLocalRequest().getSession().getId();
>
> I get a sessionId do the validation on it and everything works fine,
> when I try calling another service (getProducts) getThreadLocalRequest
> () returns null request and I get a null pointer exception. Can
> someone please help me with this.

Do you call getProducts inside an overwritten doPost-method or an
implemented doGet-method()? When doing this, the part of the code
of the RemoteServiceServlet, that is setting the member returned
by getThreadLocalRequest is not executed, so you get null, if you
try to call it that way.

If I'm wrong, some small source how your code looks like where
you have the problem might help, otherwise only guessing is
possible.

Regards, Lothar