Hi again,
I just found a load testing tool that integrates with selenium :
PushtoTest.
As it is said on thier website http://www.pushtotest.com/Docs/selenium
: PushToTest repurposes Selenium tests into load and performance tests
and Business Service Monitors (BSM) with no additional programming.
I'm already planning to use selenium for  functional testing of the
GWT application.. so that would be just great if it works...
I will give this a try very soon. If anyone has tried it yet ..please
provide some feedback here on the forum..

thanks..
mm