Matic,

I just started having the exact same problem!  I'm using IntelliJ not
Eclipse, though.  The debugger just keeps looping.  When I forcibly
pause the process, I see that it's always somewhere in the RPC service
instantiation process and never finishes it (i.e. GWT.create()).

I don't think this is an Eclipse or IntelliJ problem.   Perhaps
something strange introduced in GWT 1.5.3?

I have no idea how to solve this.  I've tried cleaning everything,
restarting IDE, computer, cleaning all GWT directories, etc.   I can
only run the project now, not debug it.

Alex