OK, one of the things that you have to wrap your head around is how
GWT works.  You write GWT using Java, but then the GWT compiler
"converts" this into Javascript & HTML.  It can only do this to Java
that it specifically knows about.  Your Swing JLabel component is not
something GWT understands and therefore it can't compile it out into
Javascript.  The strength of GWT is that you develop in Java, but if
your code is going to be run in the browser, it has to be Java that is
compatible with the GWT Compiler.

Hope this helps.

Later,

Shaffer