Hi people.

I've been developing an application with hibernate + spring + gwt, and
i've come to a point where i need some help from you!

I know that hibernate generates PersistentBag for Lists ( Hibernate
implementation of List), and I need to serialize this lists. But I
know that GWT doesn't support PersistentBag.

So, and because i've read that we can implement a custom field
serializer, i developed a PersistentBag_CustomFieldSerializer, like
this:

package org.hibernate.collection;

import com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationStreamReader;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationStreamWriter;

/**
 * Custom field serializer for {...@link
org.hibernate.collection.PersistentBag}.
 */
public final class PersistentBag_CustomFieldSerializer {

    public static void deserialize(SerializationStreamReader
streamReader, PersistentBag instance) throws SerializationException {
        int size = streamReader.readInt();
        for (int i = 0; i < size; ++i) {
            Object obj = streamReader.readObject();
            instance.add(obj);

    public static void serialize(SerializationStreamWriter
streamWriter, PersistentBag instance) throws SerializationException {
        int size = instance.size();
        streamWriter.writeInt(size);
        for (Object o : instance) {
            streamWriter.writeObject(o);

With this development, the server serializes the instance, with no
error, but the client return's a message saying
"This application is out of date, please click the refresh button on
your browser."

Could anyone provide with possible hints to solve this error.

Best regards

Hugo Marcelino