Hi,

I have a pretty clear idea for the architecture of a web application
that I want to create (incorporating GWT/Java/Hibernate/MySQL).
However, I am not a programmer by training and at this point I want to
enlist someone with more experience to help translate my ideas into a
useful roadmap for development and testing.  For instance, I
appreciate the benefits of an MVC approach, and I can state in plain
english what I want the app to do.  But, assuming I want to create a
more formal design rather than jumping straight into coding, what
should I be using to help with that design portion?

Can anyone recommend widely-used open-source (free) tool for
application architecture design -I suppose UML design?  Something
equivalent to Eclipse for code development?  Most of the Eclipse plug-
in tools I have found which relate to UML look like automatic code
generators - and what I want is a nice roadmap, not a road built from
templates...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-Tom