On Saturday, 23 August, 2008 04:08 PM, jeya.balaji wrote:

relevant info:
sql2java has provision to generate gwt rpc code.

On Aug 22, 11:34 pm, Tee <lukc...@gmail.com> wrote:
GWT + JAVA
- 100% Java
- Easy with RPC (grails plugin)
- Good document

GWT + GAE
- You must learn python (Django?)
- JSON + REST?
- Free hosting
- GAE API

I plan to use GAE with python on server side (Django)

On Aug 22, 10:51 pm, "yfa...@gmail.com" <yfa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to develop a web application related to news feeds. While
I sure that I will be using GWT for the client side, I am still unsure
about what to use on the server side:

1 - Pithon + JSON to interface with GWT and host the application on
GAE

2 - 100% Java and use MySQL and host the application somewhere else
(amazon??), and hope that GAE will support Java in the near future.

Thanks for sharing with me your thoughts and highlight pros and cons.

Thanks

If you want to use 100% Java you can try GWT + GAE using Restlet Framework (http://restlet.com/) to provide Restful resource to the GWT client side. In fact, using Restlet you not only code 100% Java but also able to take advantage of Restlet libraries for seamless GWT and GAE integration, see http://restlet.com/technical-resources/restlet-framework/guide/2.3/extensions/gwt