Good question. I've wrapped an api or two and I've found it's alot of work.
Since then, wrapping using JSNI feels painful. So I've been working on a
generator to build the jsinterop for the extjs api with the flip of a
switch. Besides that, the extjs team is cruising on the future iterations
and I wanted something to keep up with what they put out.