Please consider making that hibernate upgrade a priority. We are hugely
behind on that upgrade, Hibernate 4 was ages ago. Today I'm experiencing
this problem, but a lot of people are going to experience this in future,
because every project is going to be on a newer version of validation-api.
If we tell everyone to split up GWT into a separate project, that kills one
of the main advantages of GWT, which is code re-use.

I'd help but I'm not familiar with that code base at all.