Hi all,

After some jar hell, I figured out that the
requestfactory-server-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT after March 20, 2016 (or so) seems to
be including some Gson classes (and it doesn't seem to use a dependency).
These Gson classes are causing some classpath problems with another
dependency that depends on Gson 2.2.4 release resulting in some not-so-nice
NoClassDefFound exceptions.

The only remedy I found was to replace the
requestfactory-server-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT maven includes with a version from
March 20, 2016 (or earlier).

Does anyone know how to specify a more detailed version for the
requestfactory-server-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT  so that Maven will just build with
the snapshot version from March 20, 2016?

I understand that SNAPSHOT means latest and there's a beta1, but the 2.8
beta1 is almost 6 months old now. And it seems as though it will be much
harder to get an actual Gson dependency for requestfactory-server (or to
resolve the class duplication) in the short term.

Many thanks in advance,

-Seth