On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 5:36:58 PM UTC+2, Gilberto wrote:

> Guys, threads asking if GWT is dead/dying shouldn't appear as often as it
> does. Actually they shouldn't appear at all. But they do. Something is
> definitely wrong. As community we should do something.

Glad you're using "we" here! ;-)

> In my opinion the communication is pretty poor and should be improved. GWT
> is "too blackbox" in my opinion, because of the reasons I stated before.
>
> But if the communication is fine, it's just a matter of the interest of
> the developer in viewing commit logs, so what's the problem then? Don't
> tell me everything is fine - a forum with threads asking if the framework
> is dead isn't a sign that everything is fine.

I'm not saying everything's fine; I'm asking for the community to:
 * have "responsible behavior" when those threads happen, and rather answer
with "yeah, we know communication is rather bad, but GWT is not dead" than
with "GWT is not really open source, Google is leading and doing what they
want to do without care for the community" etc. many more "arguments"
implying you'd rather think about switching to something else. If you don't
have information, ask, reply with "I too wonder, anyone knows better?",
don't spread FUD.
 * help fixing those communication issues by investing the time it takes to
be the "link" between the developers who don't have enough time to
communicate broadly and the rest of the community who ask for more
information/communication.

I've just spent a day working on finally unbundling third-party
dependencies from gwt-dev and gwt-user (testing this is such a time sink)
and a few hours reading and answering here, on stack overflow and on the
issue tracker. And I do that primarily on my free time; I'm not paid for
working on GWT (though my employer is OK with me spending a little work
time on it, which I just did yesterday).