I use ant+ivy. It's not perfect for sure but with time it grew deep roots
in my company. If you invest on it you can do anything (Turing complete).
Right now it's a major undertaking for me to leave ant+ivy for maven. I am
not event sure that I like maven that much to do the necessary work...

One big plus form maven is that is hot and everybody is using it these
days. That was also true for ant in the previous years but not so much
anymore.

One big minus for ant+ivy (ivy looks deadish - last release Dec 2014)

Another problem is the transitive dependencies. Let me explain
Project P depends on libA and libB. libA and libB depend on differenct
versions of log4j or worse slf4j

P: libA libB

libA: log4j-v1

libB: log4j-v2

Guess what happens. Answer: both are included in the final war, jar etc.

Guess what happens when you are using commons-logging or slf4j and a third
party library pulls in log4j. Your logging configuration is flipped to use
a new probably unconfigured backend. So you are writing exceptions but the
exceptions are in the scope of Project P (and not in the libA, libP scope)
because project P knows what transitive libraries has in total. So it's a
kind of a mess... Does happen handle things better? I seriously doubt it.

Oups totally of topic: Sorry

    Vassilis

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 8:58:10 AM UTC+2, Pierre Mineaud wrote:
>>
>> About maven, you're probably right. But at the moment in my enterprise,
>>> we are switching direction for our web development (we were on meteor, a
>>> javascript framework client and server side), and for all developers and
>>> director, maven were most a barrier than a real help. But I'm agree with
>>> you, you must be right when we see all gwt dev on maven ! :) But to be
>>> honest, we will try to learn gwt and his environment before trying maven
>>> with.
>>>

> A little off-topic but, before going Maven (unless you know it already)
> explore Gradle too (and, why not, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, SBT, or even Pants or
> Bazel); then make an informed choice. Just sayin'

Vassilis Virvilis