Em quinta-feira, 4 de agosto de 2016 12:03:04 UTC-3, Thomas Broyer escreveu:

> On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 2:21:29 PM UTC+2, Luis Fernando Planella
> Gonzalez wrote:
>>
>> I've always used the closure compiler with past versions (even with
>> 2.8.0-beta1, which we have used in production already).
>> Now, to my surprise, it is no longer supported in GWT 2.8.0-rc1, as
>> there's no mention to it in the release notes (
>> http://www.gwtproject.org/release-notes.html).
>>

> We may want to add a note about it; but that was an experimental feature
> and those tend to come and go as experiments prove their value or not.
> See
> https://gwt.googlesource.com/gwt/+/162ccc9c9112a09bf9ea046da95760f5f1886b72%5E%21/
>
> for the rationale.

Ok. In our project, we used to enable the closure compiler because the
codebase is quite large, and closure compiler helped in reducing further
the code size. I don't have the numbers at hand, but the full code size
(including all split points) is about 2.8M, and closure compiler reduced
some hundred kilobytes from it.

>> Now the compiler no longer supports the old closure compiler option, but
>> has a new -X[no]closureFormattedOutput option.
>>

> It's not really new actually:
> https://gwt.googlesource.com/gwt/+/6fa611cf9ad7ffa077a7378a100a7ccbd95e3cb3%5E%21/

I have assumed it was new because it is not present as option in the
gwt-maven-plugin (which is updated up to the beta1).

>> I'm guessing closure compiler is no longer integrated in GWT, but it
>> still has the option to format for closure to a later (manual) usage of
>> closure compiler.
>> I'm using the gwt-maven-plugin, which still uses beta1, but explicitly
>> changing its dependencies to 2.8.0-rc1 for gwt-user, gwt-dev and
>> gwt-codeserver artifacts, making it usable already for rc1.
>> I can't, however, pass the new option (I think there's no way to pass
>> arbitrary compiler arguments with gwt-maven-plugin) until the maven plugin
>> is updated.
>>
>> What are the new instructions to keep using closure compiler?
>>

> There aren't (see comment about -XclosureFormattedOutput in the commit
> message that introduced it)
> Do you really *need* it?

I was assuming that flag was needed in order to generate code that complies
with the closure compiler limitations
(https://developers.google.com/closure/compiler/docs/limitations).
Maybe that is not the case and I can just invoke the closure compiler
manually on the generated GWT code? Should I expect any runtime problems by
doing this?