Jens,

Actually, I took your advice and managed to set break points in Chrome's
Developer tool (in Source tab, under sourcemap folder where the Java
classes are) and debug from there (not that anything made sense with all
the generated JavaScripts).

I also tried SDBG which more or less does the same thing but in the Eclipse
as a plugin. I just followed the video on SDBG site <http://sdbg.github.io/>and
got it to work. What was confusing about it was to run debugging in
SuperDevMode first, then rerun the Eclipse Debug As, but this time Launch
Chrome from Debug Configuration. It actually spawns two (2) debugging
sessions from the looks of it: one for Web Application (code server) and
the other for Launch Chrome. Thanks for the recommendation.