Hello GWT users,

Status quo - correct me if I'm wrong:
GWT has become even more awesome with JSInterop and Elemental. There are
several wrappers for various JS libraries available, some up-to-date, even
using JSInterop, while others being outdated (JSNI, compatibility only for
older GWT versions) or abandoned.

I was wondering if there is a best practise for using JS libraries in GWT.
Does it always have to be a manual writing of JSInterop glue types, oder
can it be automated as it is the case with Elemental (different case, I
know)?

As an example: I'm currently dealing with a 3D WebGL project. I am trying
to migrate it from a widgets based GUI to a pure Elemental GUI. The
application currently employs parallax3d (GWT 3D library incorporating
three.js, i.e. a wrapper with some additional functionality and some lost
functionality with respect to naked three.js). This migration requires
stepping away from parallax3d, as this library is also widgets based. So
I'd like to use pure three.js and wonder if I have to write my own
JSInterop overlay types. Or there is a way of auto-generation these?

This brings up another question: what is the recommended way of using
widgets and the Elemental approach in one single GWT application? I end up
getting and setting innerHTML()-Strings.

Looking forward to a general discussion of this topics; thanks for any
feedback and input.

Kind regards,
Max