I tried the -ea flag (checkAssertions in the POM). It seems to be
incompatible with the flag productionMode. I guess when production mode is
true, assertions are disabled. I ended up with two test executions in my
POM: "jsni-test" for keeping the type checked for legacy JSNI codes, and
"normal-test" for JsInterop, running in production mode. It works fine.