hi,

I would like my gwt app to be able to identify its version itself, by
providing a method that returns the build number.

I'm using Jenkins, maven and the maven plugin for gwt
<https://tbroyer.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/> to build my app. Jenkins
generates the build number and I know how to pass that build number to
maven (using a build.number maven property), but I don't know how I can
pass that build.number to the GWT compiler and how to code that method in
my java source so it returns that build number.

Any idea how I can do that?