I think the project is more active now than it has been in a long time. It
is just that the work is spread out over a few different places. Most work
atm seems to be towards getting to GWT3.x The java-to-js compiler is under
active development at https://github.com/google/j2cl - the browser apis at
https://github.com/google/elemental2. There is also people working on
porting the GWT2.x apis to be forward compatible. There also seems to be a
few people working on various other frameworks and toolkits.

Chat seems to be best place to keep up and occurs at
https://gitter.im/gwtproject/gwt or on other gitter channels.

HTH

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:12 PM Jens <jens.nehlme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Java 11 language/syntax support has just been committed:
> https://gwt.googlesource.com/gwt/+/205b88a4d88cc0c23b2cd0df681a18d114443a7c
>
> Currently in the GWT 2.x versions only minimal work will be done.
> Contributors focus their work on splitting GWT SDK into smaller pieces and
> make them J2CL compatible (new Java -> JS compiler from Google). This work
> is happening on Github and CI builds for most of these projects can be
> found at ci.vertispan.com.
>
> GWT depends on contributors these days, so amount of commits can vary
> greatly, depending on the free time contributors have.
>
> -- J.

Cheers,

Peter Donald