Issue solved!
Probably due to my experimenting (among them the re-creation of a
Server-definition) the CodeServer's launcherDir-path (
<project>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\rwtool-web)

and the WTP deploy-path for Tomcat: (-
Dwtp.deploy="U:\Documents\eclipse\workspace_KStA_RW-Tool\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp1\wtpwebapps)

had diverged from each other (Note the "tmp0" vs. "tmp1" in the paths).
Once I had realized and fixed this, everything came back to normal!

Apologies for the bandwidth used...