Actually weird... In this page SmartGWT should be mobile oriented: "mobile
adaptation is built in": https://www.smartclient.com/product/smartgwt.jsp

"... your Smart GWT application supports mobile. Device-aware components
automatically switch appearance and behavior to best suit the size of the
device, and to provide a better experience for touch screens. Finger taps
and gestures arrive as normal mouse events, so your event handlers just
work - users can even trigger context menus and hovers via touch-and-hold,
and drag and drop via finger slides."

I think you need to ask SmartGWT people about this problem.