Short answer: don't start using RequestFactory now, it's been practically
unmaintained for years.

Long answer: there's not really a longer answer actually, it's OK to keep
using RF in existing projects (if you can't afford moving to something
else), but don't start anything with it now.
(I wouldn't start anything new with gwt-rpc either BTW, but YMMV)