On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Ghostcoder <thanneer.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have created my site using gwt1.5 and I have used gwt google map api
> too.When i open my site in the browser I realize that a main.js file
> is downloaded from maps.google.com. which is 68 kb(4 sec to download)
> and my cache html is 200kb(9 sec to download) so the site takes a
> while to load .These two files are not downloaded parallely even
> though they are from two different domains ,how do i configure it so
> that these two gets downloaded parallely.
>
> note : I have configured the map script in module.gwt.xml

One quick thing you could do is to move that script load out of the
module.xml and move it into the <head> section of your HTML host page.
 that will get the main.js file from maps up and running quickly.

> How do i improve the startup time ,I verified with yslow ,it gives 80
> points for the site ,but still the start up time for the site when
> cache is empty is close to 15 secs which includes the files mentioned
> above ,my css and images.

>From a broadband connection (1.5Mbit), under Chrome & IE7, I measured
the Google hosted HelloMaps sample
(http://gwt.google.com/samples/HelloMaps-1.0.3/HelloMaps.html)  loads
in about 3 to 4 seconds after I empty the cache, and it uses a
<script> tag in the module.gwt.xml file.  Does your page load slower
on some browsers than others?  If you think download bandwidth is the
issue, another thing you could try is compressing your .cache.html
files.

--
Eric Z. Ayers - GWT Team - Atlanta, GA USA
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/