What kind of panel are you using? If it's a simple Panel try editing
the CSS of the panel and remove all top padding and margins. The same
with the tree.

If it's a VerticalPanel try using the protected void
setCellVerticalAlignment(Element td,
HasVerticalAlignment.VerticalAlignmentConstant align) function.

If it's an absolute Panel you can set where it is by using hte
setWidgetPosition(Widget w, int left, int top)  function.

You've got options!