I'm trying to get a simple inline Hyperlink as part of a sentence, using the
"display: inline" hack. In Firefox I get what I expect: You may view
Item 1now if you like. But IE 6 swallows the space after the hyperlink
(note the
lack of any space between "1" and "now"): You may view Item 1now if you
like. Any ideas how to deal with this spacing problem? I suspect the problem
is that where normally you'd want this markup (a dom Text node followed by
an Anchor node, followed by a Text node):<div>You may <a href="...">view
Item 1</a> now if you like.</div>

GWT instead renders the InlineHTML as spans, rather than plain dom Text
nodes:

IE 6 apparently truncates the spaces at the start of a <span> element. But I
don't know of a way to add a GWT widget to a panel without wrapping it in
some kind of html element.

The actual code looks like: Hyperlink link = new Hyperlink("view Item
1","item1"); FlowPanel fp = new FlowPanel(); fp.add(new InlineHTML("You may
"); fp.add(link); fp.add(new InlineHTML(" now if you like.")); And the
supporting CSS: .gwt-Hyperlink { display: inline; }

---
Related Tickets/Posts:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=2901
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=3056