You should be able to make your configuration work provided you launch
the hosted mode with the right parameters.

Please read the documentation concerning the hosted mode:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/DevGuideCompilingAndDebugging.html

Then put your hosted mode in DEBUG log level and play around with the
parameters you're passing to it.

Google Web Toolkit 1.6.4
HostedMode [-noserver] [-port port-number | "auto"] [-whitelist
whitelist-string] [-blacklist blacklist-string] [-logLevel level] [-
gen dir] [-style style] [-ea] [-server servletContainerLauncher] [-
startupUrl url] [-war dir] [-extra dir] [-workDir dir] [-localWorkers
count] module[s]

where
  -noserver      Prevents the embedded web server from running
  -port          Specifies the TCP port for the embedded web server
(defaults to 8888)
  -whitelist     Allows the user to browse URLs that match the
specified regexes (comma or space separated)
  -blacklist     Prevents the user browsing URLs that match the
specified regexes (comma or space separated)
  -logLevel      The level of logging detail: ERROR, WARN, INFO,
TRACE, DEBUG, SPAM, or ALL
  -gen           The directory into which generated files will be
written for review
  -style         Script output style: OBF[USCATED], PRETTY, or
DETAILED (defaults to OBF)
  -ea            Debugging: causes the compiled output to check assert
statements.
  -server        Specifies a different embedded web server to run
(must implement ServletContainerLauncher)
  -startupUrl    Automatically launches the specified URL
  -war           The war directory to write output files into
(defaults to war)
  -extra         The directory into which extra, non-deployed files
will be written
  -workDir       The compiler work directory (must be writeable;
defaults to a system temp dir)
  -localWorkers  Specifies the number of local workers to use when
compiling permutations
and
  module[s]      Specifies the name(s) of the module(s) to host

Good luck,

Salvador