After experiencing it with Flash first hand, I can confirm that the
ssl + ie issue also applies to Flash.  This blog post:

http://robsondesign.com/blog/index.php/2008/08/30/ie-ssl-xml-https-swf-doa/

has a good description of the problem.  ie8 also has this issue
("feature", according to Microsoft).

Tony
--
Tony Strauss