On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:51 AM, newtoGWT <ganesh....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you test your application in hosted mode? try debugging it in the
> hosted mode..

That kind of defeats the whole deployment aspect of his question.   This
only helps if you need to debug an error in your application logic, not
configuration or integration (I'm assuming that he's already done this since
he talks about deployment to apache).

> On Apr 27, 2:38 am, Dan King <dankin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Can anyone give me any instructions on how to deploy the default GWT
> > application. I have successfully gotten the client to appear properly
> > in the browser by reference it as a website in Apache. The problem I
> > am getting is when I click "Send" to send the name to the server I
> > receive a Remote Procedure Call - Failure message. I'm not sure what I
> > need to do. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am new to web
> > development and GWT.

Apache is an HTTP server.  RPC requires a Java servlet (i.e. served by
something like Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish, etc).  Are you properly integrating
the two?  Typically, AFAIK, you use your Java servlet server to also serve
the HTML.  I have no experience with deployment of this kind, so I dunno
(I'm assuming that it is possible to integrate Apache + some Java server - I
don't even have a clue either way).