I'm getting the following errors with 1.6.4 on a Mac.

"A widget that has an existing parent widget may not be added to the
detach list"

The HTML is:

    <!-- OPTIONAL: include this if you want history support -->
    <iframe src="javascript:''" id="__gwt_historyFrame" tabIndex='-1'
style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>
    <h1>Web Application Starter Project</h1>

Code:

        public void onModuleLoad() {

                HTMLPanel p = new HTMLPanel("<div id=\"testdiv2\">Test Div 2</
div>");

                RootPanel.get("testdiv").add(p);

                final TextBox txtUsername = new TextBox();

                RootPanel.get("testdiv2").add(txtUsername);

This code worked in the 1.4 and 1.5 branches, but not 1.6.

The line:

   "RootPanel.get("testdiv2").add(txtUsername);"

throws the exception.
   "A widget that has an existing parent widget may not be added to
the detach list"

The problems appears to be with a new check in
RootPanel.detachOnWindowClose(Widget widget)

    assert !isElementChildOfWidget(widget.getElement()) : "A widget
that has "
        + "an existing parent widget may not be added to the detach
list";

RootPanel.isElementChildOfWidget(Element element) appears to fail
because I'm adding a widget to an already attached element.

Any work arounds/ideas would be greatly appreciated ... I have a 1.4
application that is based on dynamically loading page layouts from a
database.

Thanks.