This is true,

I was thinking of this later, and saw that in many cases, this COULD
be done,
And it can be done outside of the gwt compiler, if you like.

Some fancy regexp to find functions with EXACT method bodies and
renaming+deletion could potentially decrease file sizes dramatically,
but only for Obfuscated code...  Possibly a fourth compiler option
"PRODUCTION" which would do all the extra permutations for final
builds, using text functions after the Java->JavaScript magic
happens.  One look at the logic trees from the compiler is enough to
scare a stone into cold sweat, so to me, it seems easier to just use
RegExp; capture the argument names, back-reference them in the method
bodies, create generic method signatures, search for equalities, and
then replace them down to a minimum.

If someone who actually works on the compiler has any input, I'd love
to hear it.

/Starring this issue now...