The following is an example I use in GWT mail:

                // Add a click handler that displays a ContactPopup when it is
clicked.
                link.addClickHandler(new ClickHandler() { //Similar to Your
login
page
                        public void onClick(ClickEvent event) {
                                mailApp.removeRightPanelWidgets();

                                if (contactInput == null) {
                                        contactInput = new ContactInput();
//ContactInput extends
Composite. That is similiar to your Welcome page
                                }
                                mailApp.addWidgetIntoRightPanel(contactInput);
//Where do you put
your Welcome page.

                                                                //You
don't need the following code if there is no RPC
                                ContactPK contactPK =
(ContactPK)contact.getPrimaryKey();
                                mailService.getContact(contactPK, new
AsyncCallback<Contact>() {