Hi,

> I tried all of that, I just wish to understand the CSS model for GWT.

For the record, GWT is just html manipulated by javascript so there is
no such thing as a "CSS model for GWT". If you know how to use css
then you shouldn't have any problems styling gwt widgets. (w3schools
is a good place to learn)

> Do we have documentation on this at all.  What are all the values that
> can be set for a widget or panel, is this documented.

Of course all of this is documented, every javadoc page for every
widget tells you what are the associated css rules. There are even
examples in the form of the showcase (for any widget in the showcase
you have the whole css definitions and even IE specific css-hacks)

> Sorry for the long reply but I am getting a bit frustrated with this,
> I normally use java applets and have no issue in this area, but would
> love to drop this and move to GWT.

That's your problem, GWT != java.

A piece of advice: use firebug on firefox to debug your style problems
in a compiled version of your gwt app. That'll give you more insight
into what you're doing and you can even live-edit css. When I started
with GWT I found css styling quite problematic, simply because the
inheritance rules are really different from the inheritance rules in
OO programming. Once I started understanding (thx to w3schools in
great part) how css worked I realised that the easiest method to get
your css right is first to code your UI without thinking about
styling, then compiling and opening in firefox, inspecting with
firebug, css live-editing and finally modifying your css file.

I'd really like to stress the fact that this is not a GWT issue, css
styling works in the same way in gwt as it does in normal html.

Hope that helps,

Salvador