Yes it is.  GWT is simply a different way to do AJAX, and my
understanding of JSF is that they are extremely compatible.

That being said, whenever I'm asked "Can GWT work with $PRODUCT" where
$PRODUCT is Struts, PHP, JSF, ASPX, whatever, I ask "what are you
trying to accomplish?".  Are you doing a little GWT and a lot of
$PRODUCT?  Or is it vice versa?  Basically, what are you wanting GWT
to do, and what do you want $PRODUCT to do?  What is you skill set
with $PRODUCT?  How familiar are you with GWT?  How familiar are you
with AJAX in general?  Answering these questions can go a long ways to
really addressing this query.

I simply Googled "JSF" and "GWT" and found a number of interesting
links.  Give G4jsf a look.

Later,

Shaffer