I recently added an attribute to a class (model) that gets serialized
as part of an RPC call.

The attribute I added (with setters and getters) is a java.util.List
containing my enum type.

The List gets put into a Map similar to myMap.put("SomeKey",
List<MyEnumType>);

When I make the RPC call I get serialization errors.  I've scoured the
net looking for solutions but haven't found any ones that directly
address this issue.

I think the issue is that the List is nested inside a Map and GWT (at
least the 1.5.x branch) doesn't support this correctly.

Other than moving to the 1.6.x branch of GWT, which I cannot do right
now, does anybody know what is going on and if this is a known issue
off of the 1.5.x branch of GWT?

Thanks,