Hey Darren,

We don't have specific plans for other languages right now, and
there's a bit about why GWT uses Java over here:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html#introduction

However, the beauty of open source is that everybody's totally free to
implement their own web toolkits with whatever language they like.
There's an independent project called Pyjamas (http://pyjs.org/), for
example, that does something very much like what GWT does, and it uses
Python.

Personally, I'm waiting for the port to OCaml ;)

--
Alex Rudnick
swe, gwt, atl