I just wanted to ask you guys about this topic as our IP lawyers have
found a potential problem.

* ExtGWT extends classes in GWT therefore creating a derivative
work.
* ExtGWT is licensed under the GPLv3 and GWT under ASFv2.

Now, we know that these are compatible.  But, only ONE WAY!

You can include GPLv3 code in your ASFv2 licensed project, but NOT the
other way around.

So, if I wanted to distribute my ExtGWT app under the GPLv3 (open
sourcing all my code which does not require an Ext license) I cannot,
as I cannot relicense the ASF licensed code (GWT).

As far as we can see there is NO way of legally distributing an ExtGWT
applicattion under the GPLv3.

IANAL, so I can only go on what our lawyers tell me.

This is indeed a blow to us, as I cannot see a way round this.  If any
of you have distributed an ExtGWT app under the GPLv3, then you have
broken the terms of the ASFv2 and therefore have no rights to
distribute GWT!

I'm off to bed now :(