Here is what I got out of the talks:

- Code Splitting: GWT.runAsync(): allows the developer insert sections
of code to split. You initial code might be maybe 1MB of script but
code splitting can get it down to a couple hundred kb to load faster.
Code will be loaded asynchronously as needed.

- OOPHM (Out of Process Hosted Mode): will be available in GWT 2.0.
Search for OOPHM for details. I am currently using it with trunk and
love it. :)

- SOYC (Story of Your Compile): This is a new tool that will help
developers see the impact of code splitting.

- improved layout for several Widget (ex: DockPanel)

- Javascript compiler optimizations.