Yup. That does the ticket!

Here's the code if anyone's interested...

The listener...

package com.inexas.test.server;

import javax.servlet.*;

public class AppStarter implements ServletContextListener {

        public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event) {
                ServletContext sc = event.getServletContext();
                System.out.println(sc.getServerInfo())  ;
        }

        public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent event) {
                System.out.println("Bye!");

In the web.xml file...

<web-app>

        <listener>