Hi mmenchev,
You should still be able to use hosted mode with -noserver through the
plugin, although there are some steps you need to take first to get
everything setup for hosted mode debugging on your server. Check out the FAQ
link below.

FAQ "How do I use my own server instead of GWT's built-in Jetty instance":
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.html#How_do_I_use_my_own_server_in_hosted_mode_instead_of_GWT's

<http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/FAQ_DebuggingAndCompiling.html#How_do_I_use_my_own_server_in_hosted_mode_instead_of_GWT's>Once
you've followed the steps outlined there, you should be able to launch
hosted mode with the plugin and work with your own server for hosted mode
debugging.

Hope that helps,
-Sumit Chandel