my code is a simplest form of JPA-GWT integration... it is a demo app in a
GWT presentation to achieve the fastest startup... don't expect it to apply
complex patterns :)

BTW, as Rakesh's suggested tutorial states, you can use DTO pattern to play
with "not-too-complex" domain models. In fact, i have used this pattern
before in a project [1], which includes class referencing and list type
members, and working not by accident ;) I didn't use lazy, so i didn't need
any external complexity. Just made my domain objects serializable by using
Dozer. that's all....

Project at [1] uses a light but relational domain model in which some
hibernate specific types like PersistentList and PersistentSet is being
generated at runtime. But as the above tutorial points, you can make your
objects seralizable easily by using an API like Dozer as implemented in the
project [2].

My suggestion is the same as the above tutorial. If you are not using a very
complex domain model and lazy ability, don't make your application too
complex and go on with DTO pattern+Dozer... It is really simple and fast...
But, on the other hand, if you want to use advanced techniques like lazy

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/apiks/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src/edu/hacettepe/bote/client/model
[2]
http://code.google.com/p/apiks/source/browse/trunk/src/edu/hacettepe/bote/server/service/ApiksServiceImpl.java