Our GWT 1.7.0 works quite fine in "standard" desktop browsers like FF,
IE, etc. Problems occur if I try to use Androids built in webkit
browser (both using the Android SDK emulator and a real hardware
device).

The log (spam level) in hosted mode shows that a bunch of CSS and JS
files being requested and successfully delivered. The last request I
see in the log looks like:

200 - POST /OML/SessionService (...) 14 bytes

The Android browser does not display anything (page remains blank), a
standard browser displays a "login" page at this point.

Any hints howto resolve this problem would be highly appreciated!

Michael