Hey, so I've been mucking about with this for say... a couple of
hours.  And, ehh, I never actually used Eclipse until tonight, and I'm
a Perl coder.  So, ahem, take what I say with this in mind...
but, I just right click on my project, go to Properties,
into the Java Build Path, Add External Jars, and stick in the external
jar file into the project.

Although, for some magical reason of which I am unaware of, you have
to use the noredist gears jar.

Give it a try.