Hi,

This is because the GWT hosted mode browser ships with a 32-bit
version of the SWT bindings, so the browser does not work in 64-bit
Linux.

As I remember it, solving this involves launching the Hosted Mode
Browser with a 32 bit jdk. You may find more details by searching this
group for threads about "gwt 64 linux", as well as in the following
links:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=135
http://vegdave.wordpress.com/2006/10/16/libswt-pi-gtk-annoyances-in-eclipse-and-gwt/

Regards,