I'm not sure thats possible at all. You might have to make gwt link
objects that look like normal hrefs and replace all of the ones in the
page with these.
I had to do this myself for my project. (but for a different reason, I
needed bookmark links to work in frames...IE had some bugs that meant
I needed to use gwt links instead).